Fun Ideas for Valentines Day

It’s easy to take our loved ones for granted…to get lost in the monotony of everyday and not look for ways to appreciate them as a special gift!  Today I hung out with one of my sisters (I have three – my birth order is no. 2).  She showed me some of the paintings she’s working on and some that she’s finished recently….she’s a brilliant artist!  We braved the snow and did a little Dallas shopping…my favorite Valentine’s Day finds were at Crate and Barrel….I have got to make these ASAP…white plate and a red sharpie…bake it at 350 degrees for 30 minutes and the design will stay permanently!  It really works!!

Crate and Barrel Valentine's Plate ItsOverflowing

We had a really healthy lunch at my sister’s favorite restaurant…ever heard of  START— Real Food | Real Fast.

Mediterranean Quinoa, Start Restaurant

Some of my sweet friends have been hard at work on Valentine’s Day Crafts.  Enjoy Daydreaming ALL Lovey Dovey…and for more scoop, click on the links below the picture.

DIY Valentine’s Day Wreath :: Crafts ‘n Coffee

Conversation Heart Valentine’s  ::  Becoming Martha

DIY Heart Lollipops  ::  Crazy Little Projects

Valentine's Candle Decoration

Valentine’s Day Candle Sleep :: Lemon Tree Dwelling

DIY Candy Skewers

Candy Kabobs :: Mom Endeavors

100 Clever Valentine’s Day Sayings  ::  C.R.E.A.T.E.

Valentine's Day Chalk Art

Chalkboard Valentine’s Day Art :: {Ella Claire}

Valentine's Day Craft with Kids - Cupid Arrow

Valentine’s Arrows Craft with Kids ::  Homework

Mustache Decal Valentine :: Girl Loves Glam

Fun Ideas for Valentines Day - ItsOverflowing

DIY Heart Photo Card :: Making Lemonade

Valentine’s Mason Jar Craft  ::  Uncommon

Valentine's Cards

Valentine Pom Monsters :: Create.Craft.Love.

Valentine+Ruffle+Plate+Glitter+Candel+Holder+Red+White+Burlap DIY Valentine’s Day Plate  :: Fox Hollow Cottage

DIY Flower Valentine’s Day Card  ::  Yesterday on Tuesday

Mason Jar Gift-modpodge Old Recipe Bookes

Mason Jar Kitchen Gift ::  Debbiedoos

Valentine’s Day Angel  ::  Creative Cynchronicity

Valentine cupcakes and donuts

Valentine’s Kid’s Dessert Table on a Budget :: Our Thrifty Ideas

Free Personizable Valentine’s Day Card :: Carissa’s Creativity Space

Rustic Love Sign  ::  The Country Chic Cottage

Click here for lots more Valentine’s Day Ideas.

SHARE THIS POST ON: Twitter | Facebook | Google + | Pinterest

1. Sandra Wilbrink says:

Are the plates safe to eat off or should you use a ceramic glaze on them then fire in kiln

2. thanks for featuring my card template!

3. Hi,
    We found you from the Six Sisters Blog Hop. You have some great ideas and we would like for you to share with our readers too. We are hosting our first link party tomorrow and we would like to invite you to link up with us. We have a fun blog to co-host with us. Hope to see you there.

The Busy Bee’s,
    Myrna and Joye.

4. CAS says:

Wow, so many great and fun ideas!

5. Are the plates a specific Crate and Barrel thing or will any white plate work?

Love them.

• Aimee says:

Any white plates will work!!! XO, Aimee

6. angie says:

love all the red and white so super cute you are right perfect for valentines
    come see what I shared at

7. Tina says:

Thanks for including the Crate & Barrel cups and plates. I got right online and had them sent to my little grandbabes and they can open them when I go visit next month! (I am not a crafter/painter) I LOVE Valentine’s Day and I loved all of the cute inspirations!!

8. patti says:

Lots of wonderful inspiration and eye candy here! Thanks

9. Brooke says:

What a great Valentine’s Day round up! I’m loving the mugs and plates! I’m going to have to give them a try. Thanks so much for sharing. I LOVE visiting your site. And thanks for being my newest follower! So exciting!

10. Melissa says:

I love those dishes too! The only problem would be where do I store them after valentines day? :0)

11. Awesome ideas! My kid would really love the pom monsters.

12. Jill Flory says:

Just love all that stuff! The mason jar craft and the arrows are my favs!

13. Shannah @ Just Us Four says:

Super cute ideas! I haven’t started doing much for Valentine’s Day yet but I am definitely getting inspired by all the awesome projects I am seeing around.

14. Alexis says:

Thank you so much for featuring my Army Men Valentines! You made my day 🙂

15. Thanks for including me Aimee. Hugs!

16. Jessica @ Dear Emmeline says:

cute ideas! here’s what i came up with to give my husband this year

(I uploaded a free printable to the post too so if anyone else wants to make one it’s there!)

17. Sharon @ Crafts 'n Coffee says:

Hi Aimee, What a fabulous round up! I’ve made felt fortune cookies before — really fun and easy. So many clever ideas here. Thank you for including the Valentine’s Day Cupcake Liner Wreath. Thinking of you! Sharon

18. Sandra H says:

Is the plate ceramic or plastic (I’m assuming that’s a dummy question and it’s ceramic but wanted to check).

• Aimee says:

It’s a porcelain plate Sandra…go for it! XO, Aimee

19. Love all these ideas. Mom4Real’s Mantel is so SWEET!!
    have a great day, Aimee!

20. Cynthia says:

This was just great, I love the wreathes thanks for the inspiration.

21. Moni ~ Zu Haus at Home says:

Lots of fabulous inspiration!! Thanks for sharing! xx

22. Danni@SiloHillFarm says:

Oh my gosh! That was just a ton of fabulous inspiration! Thanks for pulling that all together for us!