My Chandelier Makeover

Yesterday’s kitchen reveal showed a sneak peek at our latest update.  This ceiling fan has totally been clashing over the last year, but all the chandeliers I love are crazy expensive and after the kitchen the Decor Fund is pretty depleted.  Finally, last week when I had an extra hour and browsed through a cute little antique mall around the corner from home I found a chandelier that was large enough for the space and fit our budget!

Reclaimed Chandelier @ItsOverflowing 4

This 16 arm chandelier had total potential and had been marked down a couple times to $64.

Reclaimed Chandelier @ItsOverflowing2

My traditional house was craving a chandelier that coordinated with the lighting throughout.  Nothing a couple coats of my favorite Rust-Oleum Spray Paint in Oil Rubbed Bronze Metallic couldn’t handle.

Reclaimed Chandelier @ItsOverflowing 5

Thankful for some great weather!!!

Reclaimed Chandelier @ItsOverflowing 6

I removed all the candle holders before painting.  I thought about replacing them, but another $20 didn’t seem worth it.   Candle covers slip over the lamp base below the bulb.  They popped right back on after the chandy was painted and installed!

Reclaimed Chandelier @ItsOverflowing 7

Remember what this room looked like when we first moved in!?!?

Reclaimed Chandelier @ItsOverflowing

Nothing a little paint couldn’t improve.

Reclaimed Chandelier @ItsOverflowing 8

Did you see the vintage chandelier makeover I did in my rancher?!?!

Reclaimed Chandelier @ItsOverflowing 9

More Traditional Home Updates

SHARE THIS POST ON: Twitter | Facebook | Google + | Pinterest

1. Oh this turned out just gorgeous !
    I’ve been looking for one with no luck – what an incredible price and look what a little work did – LOVE it !

2. Jenna says:

My dining room chandelier looks just like that! I don’t know if black would work, but you sure have me thinking of possibilities!

3. April says:

OMG this is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!! Way to go!

4. Andrea says:

It looks awesome in your dining room. So much better than the fan, which I’ve never seen in a dining room.

5. Wow! Amazing and beautiful! I had to scroll up and down a couple of times, looking at the pictures. lol The room looks completely different. The black paint on the chandelier is gorgeous! You have a lovely dining room. 🙂

6. Sylvia Marie says:

What a lovely transformation, I too am a big fan of paint……Thank you for sharing….

7. Your chandelier turned out beautiful. What a difference paint makes! I am about to redo a couple myself so it is always great to see how someone else’s project turned out.

• Aimee says:

Yes, Paint is a miracle worker! Good luck on your chandys — I’m sure they’ll turn out great!! XO, Aimee

8. Ericka says:

Wow, that chandelier looks amazing! What a great price you got on it too.

• Aimee says:

Thanks Ericka!!! I was so thankful for the price because the fan was starting to get on my nerves. 🙂

9. Patty Lucas says:

That is absolutely beautiful. It really makes the light stand out!

10. Runt says:

I have been meaning to do this to my brass chandelier since we moved in almost four years ago!

• Aimee says:

Time flies too fast, I can hardly keep up!!! You’ll have to send me a link of your brass chandelier before/after when you get to it — I love those reveals!! XO, Aimee

11. Lovely piece, it adds so much character to the room!

• Aimee says:

Thanks Moni!!! We’ve been visualizing something there for too long now! XO, Aimee

12. Dawna says:

That looks amazing! Paint is a wonderful thing!

13. Teresa H, Fields says:

Love the chandelier! Question – Where did you find your table and chairs? It looks like it can seat 10. I’ve been looking for a table that will seat 10 – 12. We have 6 children, 3 are married and I need more room for seating . Thanks. Teresa

• Aimee says:

Hi Teresa! You do need a 10-12 seater!!! Here’s a link to where we bought our table. It was unfinished wood that we paid a little extra to have them finish for us because I knew I wouldn’t have been patient to give the wood the 8ish coats that it needed — plus dry time!!! XO, Aimee

14. Looks great, Aimee! It’s amazing what you do with paint, girl! Have a great week.

15. Oh wow, what a fabulous find, this looks amazing and such a perfect size. I love your dining room, it is stunning.

16. Debra says:

Wow, that looks fantastic .. what a change from the dark brown! The paint has really opened up that room and your chandelier looks fabulous!

• Aimee says:

That dark brown was so not me. Thanks for your sweet compliments Debra!!! XO, Aimee

17. Diana says:

Great job Aimee. Paint is my favorite thing.

18. caroljane says:

Looks awesome. Isn’t paint amazing? Love your wall color too. What is the color please?